Recipe of the Week
Raspberry mousse cheesecakes...
Raspberry mousse cheesecakes
This recipe tastes deliciously decedent AND healthy!
450 g cashews (soaked for 4 hrs and rinsed)
420 g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
100 ml lime juice
1 tsp sea salt
350 g honey
1 vanilla pod, split lengthways and seeds scraped
250 ml coconut oil
Baby mint leaves (optional)
160 g almonds (soaked overnight if possible)
90 g desiccated coconut
6 medjool dates, pitted
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- Process the almonds and coconut in a food processor until broken up into a nice crumb. v - Add the dates, salt and vanilla extract and pulse until the mixture just comes together. Try not to over process as it can become too oily. Set the mixture aside.
- Press the raspberries through a sieve and set aside the pulp. Preheat the oven to 50c or as low as it will go.
- Process the cashews, raspberry liquid, lime juice, salt, honey and vanilla seeds until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add the coconut oil and process until combined. Pour the berry mixture into small glasses and refrigerate for a few hours, or until set.
- Spread the raspberry pulp on a lined baking tray and place it in the oven for a few hours. Remove, cool completely and chop or blitz the raspberry.
- Spread the crumble on top of the cheesecake, then the raspberry and mint to garnish and enjoy! I also grated some dark chocolate over mine.