Balancing Blood Sugar Levels
In order to have energy in abundance and feel great throughout the day, your body needs to be able to properly and efficiently metabolise food. More specifically, this involves the efficient break down of carbohydrate foods into sugar (also known as glucose) for usable energy.
The body's ability to regulate levels of sugar in the blood is essential to overall health, weight control, and moods.
But whilst it is normal for blood glucose to rise and fall it is the degree to which it fluctuates that creates the symptoms below.
Factors that may influence your condition include:
- Impaired insulin secretion
- Stressful or sedentary lifestyle
- Cellular insulin resistance
- Family history of diabetes type II
- Social drugs
- Diet high in saturated fat, sugar, refined carbohydrates low in fibre
- Diet high in stimulants such as tea, coffee, colas, chocolate, alcohol
Symptoms you may experience include:
- Need more than 8 hours sleep
- Feeling thirsty
- Need coffee or tea to get you going
- Frequent urination going in the morning and then
- Heavy sweating regularly during the day
- Mood swings
- Cravings for sweet foods
- Energy dips
It is within your control to maintain a healthy balance by making certain choices in your diet and lifestyle and I will help you make those choices.
See how Jayne can help you...
The advice given by Jayne Hopper is complimentary to any advice given by a qualified medical practitioner. If you are worried or suffering from any medical conditions, please pursue this with your GP.