Recipe of the week
A great way to get the immune booster raw garlic inside you and the kids is to make dips such as humus or this delicious edamame dip. Serve with raw veg and crudites. Edamame beans are good at balancing women's hormones also.
- 2 packages (9 oz. each) frozen edamame, steamed and shelled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea or Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp water (possibly more)
Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or a blender. Pulse until fairly smooth, leaving a few small chunks of edamame, scraping down the sides as necessary. If the mixture is too thick while pulsing, add extra water by the teaspoonful.