Recipe of the week
Celeriac, Broccoli & Watercress Soup...
Celeriac, Broccoli & Watercress Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium brown onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small bulb (300g) celeriac, peeled, chopped
1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
300g broccoli, cut into small florets
1 1/2 cups watercress sprigs, roughly chopped
1/3 cup coconut milk/cream
2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh chives
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened.
2. Add celeriac, stock and 1 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until the celeriac is tender.
3. Add broccoli. Cook, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until tender.
4. Add watercress. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Process celeriac mixture until smooth. Return to pan. Add coconut milk/cream. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with pepper.
6. Ladle into bowls. Top with chives.